Monday, February 23, 2009

Reading Your Oponent Is An Important Part of Texas Holdem

As Many may know by now, When Playing Texas Holdem, any semi-decent player will have a playing style that is careful yet not to passive. What this means that they will be aggressive and call often but they will only wager on the strong hands.

I very frequently visit casinos and while attending one I saw someone who was by far not aggressively playing the game. He would raise the pot all the time and not go in small increments, often times raising the max. I thought for sure I would take this guy for everything. However, he was winning a lot and quickly won the table. The final hand he went all in and so did I and he took me to the cleaners.

The lesson here is that you should never judge a player until playing a few hands with them, and realize looks can be deceiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment